Today, I’m pretty excited to be talking to someone who is a friend of mine and also a professional in an area that I really wish that I knew more about, so I think that this is going to be an educational experience, for me as well as for all you guys! Listen in to find out more.
“Advertising always costs a lot more than earning your way into the publication.” – Cori Keeton Pope
Today I’m going to be talking to Cori Keeton Pope, who is the badass businesswoman owner of Keeton PR, which is based in Denver, Colorado. I invited her to the Podcast to talk about PR, Marketing and Social Media- the kind of stuff that you guys ask me about all the time. The most basic definition of marketing is letting people know who you are and what you do. However, understanding this doesn’t necessarily help you to know how to go about getting people out there to know these things about you. Also, one of the things that we generally seem to struggle with, as an industry, is that we have lots, and I really mean lots of introverts. Perhaps this is because we like to spend our time with cake- and cake doesn’t talk back! Listen in today, to find out how to get people to become aware of your business, how to get your name out there and how to get your whole marketing thing happening- even if you’re an introvert.
- Cori explains the difference between Public Relations, Advertising, and Social Media.
- Facing the challenge of where to invest your money, when marketing your business.
- Some steps you can take, to get started with your DIY Marketing.
- Leveraging your community, to get yourself known.
- Remember National Chocolate Cupcake Day, on October 18th in the United States. It could be a perfect opportunity for you to market your business on your local TV Station.
- Some really creative ideas for marketing your Baking Business over the holidays.
- Keeping up with what’s going on in the world, to become more effective with your marketing.
- How to not die of exposure by working for free.
- Ways to maximise your media coverage, after you’ve appeared in a publication.
- Getting real about Social Media. Is it really the best playground for introverts?
- Some advice about getting inexpensive exposure through Social Media.
- Some awesome advice for introverts, from Cori.
- Finding the connectors in your life.
- Some other options if you’ve tried DIY Marketing, but you’re not getting what you want out of it.
- Why you need to be a good writer for great PR.
- Some tips for finding yourself the right PR/Consulting Partner.
- Remember that it takes time to build brand awareness, so stick with it a bit longer, if you feel it’s not working.
Cori’s website: www.keetonpr.com