Today we’re going to be talking about something pretty thought-provoking – we’re going to talk about business and religion. I think you might find what I have to say interesting and I really hope that this topic doesn’t get me into any trouble, so obviously, this comes with a big, fat disclaimer that it’s entirely my opinion and I truly understand that you might feel differently. I really wanted to talk about this, because it’s something that I feel quite passionate about and it’s also something that I think we should talk about a little more often. Listen in today, as I share my own journey with spirituality and religion and how my opinions around this have altered a bit, as I’ve grown older.
I am known for not being terribly religious at all. When I was a young child and a teenager, I questioned absolutely everything, like the existence of God and whether or not we need organised religion. I’ve always been a doubter and a questioner, so I have always really accepted that there are other ways of doing things. As a result, I never used to refer to myself as religious, I would rather call myself curious, or educated and I denounced the idea of having a single solution to the whole question of religion. When I grew up and got into business, I started to notice that some companies, particularly small businesses, do tend to bring religion into a lot of things, on social media. While I accept that God can love me and look after me, I’m not so sure that He can actually market my business for me, so listen in today, as I discuss whether or not there really is a space in business for religion or spirituality.
- The way that my family followed religion culturally, rather than spiritually, while I was growing up.
- The things that irk me, about businesses bringing religion into their marketing practices.
- Why I feel that overt examples of religion in business can be a bit of a turn off for customers.
- Why my strong opinions about religion have softened over time, particularly when it comes to business.
- The Business Coach that I hired, who was quite into spirituality – and far out of my comfort zone.
- What I learned from that Business Coach and how I started to think a lot more about his approach to life.
- Some stories about some crazy things that happened to me in business and the way that I have learned to view those experiences, since having met my Business Coach.
- A beautiful story that really got to me, about breast cancer, blind acceptance, and faith.
- Some solutions to my business problems that just dropped into my lap.
- My growing belief around the idea that if you put what you want out there, you will get it back.
- My deeper questioning into the idea of spirituality and religion, from learning about EFT and Reiki to looking closely at organised religion.
- How I have become more spiritual over time, allowing new possibilities into my life.
- My daily affirmations and gratitude practice. It’s really so important to be grateful for what you have in your life.
- Writing down what I’d like to have happen in my life – then taking action.
- My new-found belief in having faith.
- Living my life fully, on the terms that I choose.
- Always having a little bit of faith, a little bit of love and a little bit of gratitude
For information on Michelle’s live classes, go to: www.bizbakeontour.com