From time to time I’ll tell you about classes, products, or other stuff I love. Rest assured that I’ll never ever never ever tell you about something if I don’t really and truly recommend it. Click on the images below to find out more.
My very first Craftsy class is now live – hooray! Click on the image below to enjoy $20 off (which is about a 50% savings!):
Lucky Bitch Money Bootcamp: This class was an absolute life changer for me. It changed how I feel about money, how I run my business, and how I teach my kids about money. I feel so much more in control of things now – truly, this is the single best class I’ve ever done.
You Need a Budget: I did the Money Bootcamp and started using YNAB in the same month. A year later and my family is almost debt free. I resisted budgeting for YEARS and then this came along. Easy, inexpensive, totally doable. Note: This link will save you $6.
- French Pastry Shop Classics …Oh hello there cheese straws and fruit tarts, get in my belly!
- Mastering Meringue with Gale Gand – meringues are super popular right now!
- Homemade Chocolate Candy
- Exploring Chocolate Cakes
- Beyond Vanilla – Flavours from Around The World
In the Cake and Cookie Category:
- Cookies with SweetAmbs
- Piping Cookies that Pop! with Mallory Mae
- The Perfect Birthday Cake with Corrie Rasmussen -she is seriously a buttercream and sheet cake GENIUS.
- Baby Shoes: Step by Step with Sharon Wee – so adorable!
- Layered Embellishments with Faye Cahill – just simply beautiful
- Sculpting Magic with Kaysie Lackie – a rainbow unicorn comes to life
- Modern Buttercream – I llooovvee buttercream and it’s coming back into fashion!
- Perfect Party Cakes with Zoe Clark – I’ve met Zoe, she’s as perfect as her cakes.
- Tiny Cupcake Toppers with Sheryl Bito – I love miniatures and Sheryl makes it easy to create them
- Designer Cookies :Cookies are the hottest thing right now and with good reason!
- Gravity Defying Cakes with Lauren Kitchens
Here are my favourites in the Art category, all of which can be applied to cake:
- Mastering Colour Pallettes – the best thing I ever did was minor in Fine Art in college. My parents thought it was useless, but I now use those skills every time I need to match a colour swatch from a client or decide on what colours to use in a cake.
- Mixed Media Essentials – although she’s talking about working with fabric, there is tons of cake inspiration here, and she talks about colour, design and texture. This is probably my most favourite of all.
- Beginning Painting – Hand painting on cakes is becoming more and more trendy, and this class gives you some great tips about the basics of painting. There’s a difference between those with art skills and those without and it’s knowing this basic stuff which is a good start.