Do you have limiting ideas about our industry, thinking that it’s all about having a physical bakery and baking wedding and birthday cakes that are loaded with sugar? Did you know that many of these ideas aren’t actually real and exist only in your mind? Well, today I will be talking to a couple who own a cake business and they don’t do any of those things and they’re totally making it happen, so listen in to find out more!
“When you get into ketosis, you move your body from burning glucose for energy to burning ketones for energy.” – Matt
As many of you know, I’ve been focusing mainly on mental health this season, and I’ve also been concentrating on speaking to people in our industry who do things a little differently, so today we’re in for a really interesting day on the podcast. I am excited to be speaking to Allison and Matt of a company called Primal Noms.Com. Their soon-to-be-launched, out-of-the-box business is an online bakery and they are doing a very niche product, which is non-GMO and contains no sugar at all! Listen in to find out what Allison and Matt have to share today about their unusual business that produces cakes that are really good for you!
- Allison and Matt explain what their business is all about.
- An explanation of the difference between Paleo and Keto diets.
- The specific market that they are catering for.
- How Matt and Allison’s idea for their business came about.
- The health benefits to be experienced by following a Keto or a Paleo diet.
- Why Matt is really confident that their business will be successful.
- Overcoming the challenges of gluten-free baking.
- Why they opted for running their bakery online.
- Matt and Allison are both quitting their engineering jobs shortly, to run their online bakery.
- How they evaluated which products would be the best ones to supply from their online business.
- Their goal is to be location independent until they decide to start a family, so they have based their business on their nomadic lifestyle.
- Their current focus is getting their product out there and into the hands of their ideal customer.
- Coping with the logistics of running an online bakery.
- How they marketed their product, prior to having a product.
- The challenges of breaking into the manufacturing industry.
- The products that they are currently offering.
- Their ideas for the future.
Allison and Matt’s website: www.primalnoms.com