Are you always really busy? And do you find that you never seem to have enough hours in the day to get everything done? This seems to happen to most of us, so today we’re going to be talking about time management, or to make it sound a bit less boring- reclaiming your time. Listen in to find out more.
I recently did a survey of people who run their businesses part-time, as a side-gig. And out of the hundreds and hundreds of answers that I got back, almost everyone mentioned time- or the lack thereof- as their biggest business problem. I really think that all of us need more time to get stuff done in our businesses, and we can’t actually make more of it, or borrow it, so today I’d like to give you some ways to reclaim some of your time back. Listen in today to get some practical tips, from my own experience, for regaining some control and getting your life back when time is short but intention is long.
- Don’t send detailed quotes initially- rather give people a range.
- Getting to learn the patterns as you do your costing, in order to work out your ideal pricing structure.
- Swap emails for phone calls. (I know that this could be terrifying for some people.)
- What will happen if you’re brave enough to end the email trail and make phone calls instead.
- It’s a lot easier to ask for a deposit on the phone.
- Using time blocking, or the batching method, to save time.
- Taking time-blocking to the next level with a very noisy alarm.
- Time blocking really helps with procrastination issues.
- Getting somebody else to hold you accountable for your time-keeping.
- The importance of being on time for meetings with people.
- When people are late they’re actually telling you that they don’t really value your time.
- Ask yourself if what you’re doing is really making the best use of your time.
- We all really tend to waste so much time on unimportant things.
- Not letting your downtime run away with you.
- Get out of your normal environment and go somewhere else to do your admin work.
- Why you’ll be more focused on your work when you’re away from home.
- Time and the way you feel about it is elastic.
Contact me at email@example.com
Come and hang out with me- I’d love to see you! Go to www.bizbakeontour.com
Find out more about my Sweet Side-Gig class. Go to www.sweetsidegig.com