Did you know that I’m actually a mega word-nerd? I absolutely love weird, obscure, strange, and funny words! I love to read, I love to write and honestly, words are really my thing! I recently came across some pretty cool words that I wanted to share with you and there’s one in particular that we’re going to be talking about all day, so listen in to find out more!
I first heard about a man called John Koenig on a podcast on the Ted Radio Hour and he has started writing The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows. In this, he goes about putting words to emotions that currently have no English terms to describe them. Using some meanings from some other languages, he’s managed to put words to these emotions and I’ve subsequently fallen down the rabbit hole to his Youtube channel on his website, so now I’m completely hooked! Listen in today as I share some of my favorite words and explain how to stop procrastinating and get things done.
- My current favorite word from The Dictionary of Obscure Emotions.
- A word that talks about everybody’s stories.
- A funny word to describe being content.
- An odd, Finnish word that one of my students told me about.
- Why I love this gutsy word so much.
- Where your courage comes from if you’re not Finnish.
- What brings out people’s guts and resilience.
- Bargaining with the loud noise of procrastination.
- What I’ve learned about how to get things done.
- Finding the determination to get things done without procrastination.
- How to get really clear about your end goal.
- The results of making half-baked choices.
- Learning to get gutsier as you step towards your goal.
Book mentioned on the show: You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero.